Friday, October 25, 2013

Living it up in Praha


Things have been so busy around here that I find myself skipping meals throughout the day and instead venturing off to some new activity in this busy city. Every day I learn something new, make new friends, or discover something amazing that I would have never realized if I had never made this move to Prague. I have been in Europe now over two months and it's crazy to think that midterms are already sneaking up on us in a couple weeks. One of these weekends I am going to have to just settle down for a few days and get some real studying in to make up for all the studying I probably should have been doing all along. But hey, when your in Europe or some foreign country how can you not have the urge to travel to another country when you have four days off in a row. For me this is the best moment to see as much of Europe as I can and to make the most of it.






This past weekend I was in Amsterdam once again. I have decided Amsterdam to be my favorite city of all the city's I've been to so far. There is just something magical about that city, whether it be the kind people, city architecture, amazing history of the area, or endless amounts of activities to keep you busy with. I flew over with a few of my roommates for the Amsterdam Music Festival which is considered to be one of the biggest electronic music festivals in the world. It did not disappoint. The only negative factor about the trip was the long train ride back home. For you future travelers out there, if your to do a night train..Buy a couchette. A seat may seem like the cheapest way to go to get back, but you will find yourself in a bind trying to get a good nights sleep. Just my little piece of advice.




This coming weekend my roommates and I have decided to make one last trip out of the Czech Lands before we hammer down on studying the next week. Our travels will take us through the Slovakian capital of Bratislava..through Hungary again and to the Serbian capital of Belgrade. We thought we'd take a challenge and venturer further down into southeast Europe which may seem treacherous to many. We thought about making it even more adventourous and tried renting a car to drive down to Belgrade. However, Serbia is not part of the European Union and we were told by the company we weren't allowed to drive there. So the car will have to wait for another trip.




As soon as I hit Slovakia I will post pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment